Linear Technology's LTC4000 is a high voltage, high performance controller that converts many externally compensated DC/DC power supplies into full-featured battery chargers.
Features of the LTC4000's battery charger include: accurate (±0.25%) programmable float voltage, selectable timer or current termination, temperature qualified charging using an NTC thermistor, automatic recharge, C/10 trickle charge for deeply discharged cells, bad battery detection and status indicator outputs. The battery charger also includes precision current sensing that allows lower sense voltages for high current applications.
- Complete high performance battery charger when paired with a DC/DC converter
- Programmable input and charge current: ±1% accuracy
- Programmable C/X or timer based charge termination
- Instant-on operation with heavily discharged battery
- Wide input and output voltage range: 3 V to 60 V
- 28-Lead 4 mm x 5 mm QFN or SSOP packages
- Output ideal diode for low loss PowerPath™ and load sharing with the battery
- Input ideal diode for low loss reverse blocking and load sharing
- ±0.25% accurate programmable float voltage
- NTC input for temperature qualified charging
- High power battery charger systems
- High performance portable instruments
- Industrial battery equipped devices
- Notebook / subnotebook computers